Are you looking at buying a green home? Here are six tips to help you make sure you’re getting what you pay for:
- Get copies of utility bills. The seller should have these; if not, most utility companies do.
- Be observant, ask questions. Make sure windows and doors seal properly. Are the appliances Energy Star? Check the ventilation systems.
- Ponder the extra factors. Is it LEED certified? Are there solar panels?
- Size does matter. A smaller home is cheaper to heat and cool.
- It’s a good investment to do an energy audit. You’ll see where there are problems with energy conservation in the home.
- If building new, build green.
Read the full article here: Green Building Elements